Yes, you can do all the things in the headline above: that is race fatbikes in snow in the evenings in Gorham, NH, courtesy of the Fatbike Meister Series of Great Glen Trails, at Route 16 and Mount Washington Auto Road in Gorham, New Hampshire. Map.
Great Glen opens up its Nordic Meister course to Fatbike competition riding every Tuesday, 4-6 p.m., from January 8 to March 5. (Occasional or one-time rides are allowed, too.)
The Fatbike Meisters will join the Nordic Meisters awards party and raffle hosted at the Great Glen Base Lodge on March 15th at 5:30pm.
Participants race against the clock on Great Glen Trails’s Meister course, choosing either the 5k or the 2.7km course. The series consists of eight weeks of timed runs with participants’ (6) best times selected for series-end standings.
There are many options for participation, including single day participation and an un-timed Class for those that want the fun without the racing. Individuals may register for single day participation online only before 4 p.m.
The awards party/potluck for both Fatbike and Nordic Meisters will be held on Friday, March 15 at 5:30pm.
The small print:
- $50 entry fee for Fatbike only series
- One time participant sign up is only $10.
- Sign up at www.bikereg.com. Please sign up before 4 p.m. on the day you intend to race.
- Fatbikers may leave the start until 6 p.m.
- Choose the short track (2.5km) or the long track (5km)
- Helmets and headlamps are required.
- This is for fatbikes only. Regular mountain bikes or cyclo-cross bikes will not be permitted.
- Sorry, no dogs.